Oven Baked Chicken & Sweet Potato Salad
(Serves: approx. 2)
This recipe is super simple – it’s my current go-to for a nutritious & tasty lunch or dinner.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 sweet potato
- 60g of baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. Caesar salad dressing
- Garlic powder
- Chilli flakes
- Roast vegetable seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200C & cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Dice sweet potato & coat in roast vegetable seasoning. Place sweet potato on baking tray & bake for 40 minutes turning once. No oil of any kind required.
- Cover a second baking tray with baking paper & set aside.
- Coat chicken breast with garlic powder & chilli powder. Place whole breast on baking tray & set aside to add to the oven 20 minutes into sweet potato baking time.
- Increase oven to 220C & add chicken to the oven to bake with the sweet potato for the remaining 20 minutes – again, no oil of any kind required.
- Slice chicken breast & prepare baby spinach leaves in a serving dish.
- Add desired amount of chicken breast & sweet potato to baby spinach leaves. Dress with Caesar salad dressing & salt & pepper to taste.
- Save left over ingredients for a second serving.
I’ll share with you the average serving quantities that I use – but you can play around with this to suit your requirements.
+ 100g sliced chicken breast
+ 130g sweet potato
+ 30g baby spinach leaves
+ 1 tbsp Caesar salad dressing
Calories 284, Carbohydrates 29g, Fat 6.1g, Protein 29g
- Bake chicken breast & sweet potato in bulk. Divide oven baked chicken into two containers; refrigerate one & freeze the other.
- If you’re baking more than two chicken breasts at a time; add an additional 5 minutes to the baking time.
- Keep baby spinach leaves & pre-cooked sweet potato in the fridge. This way you can whip up a fresh serving of the recipe each day.
- Mix things up & try using different herbs, spices, seasonings & salad dressings.